- Narrator: Kyle Perrin, Dylan Sprouse
- Available in: Kindle, Kindle Unlimited, Audiobook, Print
- Pages: 359
- Duration: 13 hours and 52 minutes
- Published: November 10, 2020
There is no Drake Equation. There is no question on sentience. The galaxy is alive and filled with life. The only issue: we humans aren’t invited.
The Galactic Star Alliance awaits your exploration.
In this novel co-created and written by Matthew Medney (Heavy Metal Magazine CEO and NYU adjunct professor) and John Connelly (Lockheed Martin Aerospace Engineer), humankind acknowledges the vastness of time, the cyclical nature of civilization, and the obscurity of our own history.
If our galaxy is so full of sentient life, why has no one said hello? We thought of a simple, logical reason: no one wants to.
The Galactic Star Alliance has been alive and well for millions of earth years. Hundreds of thousands of worlds and trillions of beings move across the many home worlds of the Alliance. This revelation led to many questions: How is faster-than-light speed travel possible, and could cohesive, interstellar civilizations exist without it? Is it conceivable to govern a coalition not of different countries, but of different species? As for the title, from where would our judges watch us?
But our galaxy has spoken to us humans. There are some who believe it is out there. Not as science-fantasy but as science.
We introduce Bernard William Hubert. World renowned astrophysicist, and lead scientist of the seminal company of exploration, Outer Limits. While on loan to CERN, a catastrophe of unimaginable proportions leaves Bernard as the sole survivor. While the scientific community and world looks to him for answers, he simply states the unthinkable: “It has to be aliens.” Inconceivable to the world, the Hubert family is investigated and his family’s name tarnished.
Disgraced and shunned, Bernard claws his way back into the equation with his new company C.O.R.E. as they work tirelessly to design an engine capable of interstellar travel.
Follow Bernard on his road to redemption and discovery in this ensemble cast of futurism, space travel, and the fate of our species. It’s perfect for fans of everything from Star Trek to Mass Effect.
What Others Are Saying
- “Beyond Kuiper is The Bleeding Edge of Science Fiction” – SYFY WIRE
- “Connelly provided his comprehensive knowledge of physics, engineering, and chemistry to create what might be the most realistic design of a space-faring vessel that has yet been delivered in fiction; The Nomad,” – Screen Rant
- “Beyond Kuiper is a space opera with the world building of Warhammer and SCIENCE WORTHY OF CARL SAGAN.” – DYLAN SPROUSE
- “AN EXERCISE IN SERIOUS WORLD-BUILDING and storytelling seldom undertaken on this scale, especially by first-time novelists.” – JEFF BERKWITZ SCI-FI MAGAZINE
- “Science fiction often asks us to reckon with the current zeitgeist while enveloping the reader in a saga that takes us far, far away from our everyday problems. If done successfully, it’s truly fantastic. And BEYOND KUIPER IS TRULY FANTASTIC SCI-FI.” – JOE TROHMAN FALL OUT BOY
- “An engrossing, thought-provoking journey that SEAMLESSLY WEAVES SCIENCE- FICTION WITH THE HUMAN EXPERIENCE. Medney and Connelly’s world building is masterfully detailed, richly texturing an already captivating landscape. They lay the foundation for an all-too-plausible future of interstellar exploration that’s both darkly mysterious, and open to endless possibilities.” – BLAKE NORTHCOTT AUTHOR OF INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLERS ‘ARENA MODE’, ‘THE NORTH VALLEY GRIMOIRE’ AND DC COMICS ‘CATWOMAN’
- “BEYOND KUIPER IS BEYOND EXCELLENT. In the near Future in a Galaxy not so far away. Medney & Connelly present us with a complex multiverse that uses the familiar mechanics of our modern scientific world including: the very real fear of a CERN malfunction, the controversial secret space program Going head to head with the Galactic Alliance. Conspiracy becomes Truth. Science fiction becomes Fact. The evolution of Humankind hangs in the balance. Kuiper puts a subtly warped funhouse mirror up to society and begs the question: Are we meant to be among the stars?” – DAN FOGLER
- “The saying goes that the golden age of science fiction is 12. It’s a clever line, but it’s also true. The things you discover at that age are most often the things you love the rest of your life. When I was 12, it was Heinlein and Asimov and Poul Anderson. I get the same feeling from Beyond Kuiper: The Galactic Star Alliance by Matthew Medney and John Connelly. Like the stuff I discovered when I was 12, it’s galaxy-spanning science fiction with both smarts and hearts, along with great design, lovely illustrations and impressive, immersive world-building. COME BE 12 AGAIN.” – RON MARZ AUTHOR OF GREEN LANTERN, SILVER SURFER, WITCHBLADE
- “Beyond Kuiper is an incredibly detailed, wildly imaginative exploration of first contact. Medney and Connelly have crafted an epic adventure story that feels deeply human.” Cadwell Turnbull – Best of 2019, Publisher’s Weekly, “The Lesson”